Today I really wanted to do a review of this amazing coffee scrub that I got about a month ago. I had originally collaborated with Ojai Sugar through Palm which is an influencer platform and boy am I glad I found them. NOT only do they have amazing products BUT their containers are PLASTIC FREE! (Except for their trial kit and lotions due to safety hazards!)
Either way, let me give you a quick little breakdown of what this scrub does for you:
- Coffee helps reduce cellulite. The caffeine in the coffee helps to dilate blood vessels and reduced the appended of skin dimples. That being said, if you use a coffee scrub regularly, not only will you have glowing skin, but the appearance of your cellulite will go away too! And trust me. We
allllllllhave cellulite. (I see you over there shaking your head saying, “Nope not me!” WRONGO)
- Makes your skin extremely soft. The sugar in the scrub itself helps to slough off all the dead skin that your body sheds on a daily basis. That being said, your skin feels naturally better and cleaner when you are done!
- Helps with circulation! A scrub, in general, will help you shed the gross layers of skin that don’t belong on you anymore, but more importantly, a scrub helps with circulation! The rubbing action helps to drain your lymph nodes which
helpsto increase blood flow to the surface of the skin!
- Smells amazing and in my opinion, wakes you up a little! With a blend of cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond, this lovely scrub seriously smells almost good enough to… dare I say eat?
- The caffeine and EGCG which is epigallocatechin gallate in the coffee itself helps to neutralize free radical damage to the skin. For the longest time, I didn’t even know what free radicals are so if you were wondering, well you came to the right place! Free radicals are nasty little uncharged molecules that are toxic byproducts of
an oxygenmetabolism. They cause significant damage to living cells and can cause issues down the line. You want to fight those puppies off as much as possible!
Now let me explain to you all the reasons why I love this brand:
- Just about every single product they make comes in a sustainable container. This scrub, for example, comes in a glass container! Yeah, that’s right. So, when you’re done, you can use it to plant a succulent or whatever you want! (I will be using it to plant a succulent in case you were wondering!)
- Their ingredients are ALL NATURAL! Listen, if you haven’t switched over to all-natural products, you’re seriously missing out! I can understand EVERY single ingredient on the label. That is why I love them!
- Their ingredients are not only natural but also LOCALLY sourced! Yeah. Talk about a brand hitting it on all points! So not only do they help make your skin flawless, but they also give back to the community by locally sourcing their coffee for example!
- Their products are amazing for my skin. Like seriously though. A blend of natural skincare that helps you look glowy and feel glowy? I mean I am all for that!
- I can full fledge recommend their products without ONE worry in the whole world that someone out there will not like them. Now that is a big claim to come by. I have only said this about one other thing before and it was candles. Not skincare. Everyone is different in what they need and what they want but Ojai Sugar has created a skincare line that will literally work for you no matter what your issues are.
And lastly, let’s get into the actual review! (Now that I’ve basically told you everything you already know!)
So, at first, I was a little skeptical because I HATE coffee with a passion. I can’t drink it. It just doesn’t work for me. I’m sure I will learn to like it as some of my nights have been long recently, but I digress. I had worked with this brand before and loved their products, so I knew I had to love this one too! I was right! The smell was beautiful and the scrub. Oh boy. Dry skin? She is your girl. Cellulite? It helps with that too!
The first time I used this product I almost forgot I had until later when I touched my legs and was shocked at how soft they were! (I say forgot because I have had the same shower routine for a good year and a half before trying this scrub!) I had to think back to my shower and remember that I used the scrub. It kind of became my new obsession! That would be why I am sharing it with you on my blog and not just on the gram!
Also, the smell of coffee gets me ready for the day (Eric makes a pot in the morning before he goes to work) so if you are a “shower in the morning” type of person, this would be PERFECT for you!
You may be asking if it’s a harsh scrub, and I understand why you are asking. I have used scrubs before that are so hard and so rough on my skin that it actually hurts. This one? No way. It is the perfect blend of scrubbing action but soothing action too. I see ACTUAL results when I use this one. Real. True. Results.
So, would I repurchase? Yes, yes I would. Should you try it? Yes, yes you should.