*This is a guest post from Mckayla of The Comma Mama Co.*
Congratulations! You’re one step closer to launching (or renovating) your business by building a website! Whether it’s a DIY project or you’ve hired someone to build it for you, it’s meant for two things:
To grow your business + develop a source of income.
Now, creating a website is no small feat. You have to take into consideration your SEO, target audience, marketing tactics, etc. To make your life a tad bit easier, here are a few things that I have discovered lead to developing a PROFITABLE website:
1. Call To Action Below the Fold
Marketers are constantly debating whether to put the call to action above the fold or below the fold; unsurprisingly, my vote is below the fold. Give your readers/shoppers a taste of what they’re getting THEN make the offer with your strong CTA!
- Neil Patel placed his CTA above the fold and his conversions decreased by 17% (QuickSprout)
- A study testing the effectiveness of CTA placement showed below the fold generates a conversion lift of 304% versus above the fold (Protocol80)
There are a lot of opportunities to get creative with your CTA, and even more that you may not think of! Between copy and placement, the opportunities are endless! Neil Patel has an amazing guide on How To Create The Perfect Call-to-Action here or check out How To Make A Living With Your Writing by Curl Up Press.
2. Secondary Offer
Not everyone is going to be 100% ready for your product or service right off the bat, it might take some time. Don’t be discouraged! All you need is a secondary offer!
A secondary offer is something that allows you to keep in touch, such as a subscription to your blog or liking your Facebook. It can even be a subscription to a newsletter; that way you can continue to provide information to your audience while keeping connected.
Still only have 3 subscribers?
Pull them in with a FREEBIE! I mean, who doesn’t like free things?
I’m not kidding,
Conversions can be increased by over 2,000% when you offer a free service or product.
Depending on what your business is, you have a few options when picking out a freebie. The main criteria are picking things that are neither time consuming nor expensive, but it should offer value to your target audience.
3. Repetitive Call To Actions Throughout Website
It may seem counter-intuitive, but adding multiple calls to action throughout your website can lead to 20% more conversions. Obviously, you shouldn’t flood your website with CTA’s; instead, you should place them strategically on your web pages.
Here’s the facts:
- More than 90% of visitors who read your headline also read you CTA (Unbounce)
- Adding CTAs throughout your website can increase conversions by 45% (Protocol80)
- CTA buttons in articles increase revenue by an average of 83% (Brafton)
- Well-place CTA buttons on average lead to an increase of e-commerce sales by 22% and the order value of blog readers by 44% each quarter (Brafton)
See the increase in traffic?
Rephrase your CTA a few times, sprinkle in a few alternatives, and voila! The perfect combo to entice a visitor to become a client (or customer)!
Remember: You’re offering a solution to their problem, but they might not realize they have a problem! You have to show them that they have a need/want and that YOU can satisfy it.